With the popularity explosion of off-road recreation, particularly overlanding, means that more than ever off road vehicles tend to have a large amount of weight added. By the time you add in the weight of armor, larger tires, beefy suspension, roof-top tents, and chunky spare tires just to name a few.
The result is a dramatic increase in braking distance and much higher brake temperatures which can result in brake fading. When you hit the brake pedal you need confidence in your ability to stop.
Enter Powerbrake, a dominant force in high performance brake systems used for motorsport. Applying engineering knowledge gained from the harshest off-road racing conditions including the brutal Dakar Rally and environments ranging from South America, the Middle East, Africa, Northern Russia, and Mongolia.
This Powerbrake kit traces its roots to the R-Line series of off-road competition braking systems. This isnt some low tier offering in order to cash in on the off-road craze. The same features and materials are shared between the systems.
Powerbrake Stage-1 big brake kits feature 1-piece 350x34mm (13.7”) discs with 48 x directional cooling vanes per disc and an integrated heat dam. Powerbrake engineers designed these discs from the ground up specifically for our 4x4 big brake kits. All design features are aimed at providing the correct balance between thermal capacity and cooling efficiency for heavy 4x4 overland vehicles and sport trucks. These discs will provide significantly improved thermal capacity and cooling efficiency when compared to factory / OEM discs. Powerbrake Stage-1 kits are recommended for the majority of 4x4 overland and sport truck applications. These kits offer a significant improvement in brake performance over the factory brakes at a competitive price.
Please select a color at time of ordering:
- Red - This caliper has a red type 2 anodizing. The dye for this finish has been specially selected for maximum protection against color fade caused by UV rays and heat generated under heavy braking.
- Dark Grey - This finish is a type-3 anodized. This is an extremely tough coating, used for applications that see a lot of wear and tear. The most common experience around this coating is on firearms, but it sees use anywhere the finish needs to perform in a harsh environment.
This Stage 1 kit includes the following:
- X-Line billet 6-piston off-road calipers. (Choice of color)
- High-performance brake pads.
- 1-Piece 350x34mm (13.7”) 48-vane discs.
- Curved, directional cooling vanes.
- Billet caliper mounting brackets.
- Stainless steel braided brake lines.
- All necessary mounting hardware for quick, easy bolt-on installation.
- Comprehensive fitment and bed-in instructions.
Please note this kit is front only. Due to brake bias and the functioning of the stock brake system the front end does the vast majority of braking.