With the popularity explosion of off-road recreation, particularly overlanding, means that more than ever off road vehicles tend to have a large amount of weight added. By the time you add in the weight of armor, larger tires, beefy suspension, roof-top tents, and chunky spare tires, just to name a few.
The result is a dramatic increase in braking distance and much higher brake temperatures which can result in brake fading. When you hit the brake pedal you need confidence in your ability to stop.
Enter Powerbrake, a dominant force in high performance brake systems used for motorsport. Applying engineering knowledge gained from the harshest off-road racing conditions including the brutal Dakar Rally and environments ranging from South America, the Middle East, Africa, Northern Russia, and Mongolia.
This Powerbrake kit traces its roots to the R-Line series of off-road competition braking systems. This isnt some low tier offering in order to cash in on the off-road craze. The same features and materials are shared between the systems.
Our Stage-2 big brake kits feature 2-piece 350x34mm (13.7”) or 370x34mm (14.5”) discs with 72 x directional cooling vanes per disc and light weight billet aluminum disc hats. Our Stage-2 disc assemblies feature a semifloat design directly derived from our off road race products that allows the disc to expand and contract radially during heating and cooling cycles with no restriction in movement from the disc hat. The 72-vane design offers unmatched cooling efficiency. Our Stage-2 kits are the ultimate brake upgrade kits available for 4x4 vehicles. These kits are the closest that a 4x4 owner can get to our World Championship and Dakar Rally winning R-Line off-road race brake systems.
Please select a color at time of ordering:
- Red - This caliper has a red type 2 anodizing. The dye for this finish has been specially selected for maximum protection against color fade caused by UV rays and heat generated under heavy braking.
- Dark Grey - This finish is a type-3 anodized. This is an extremely tough coating, used for applications that see a lot of wear and tear. The most common experience around this coating is on firearms, but it sees use anywhere the finish needs to perform in a harsh environment.
This Stage 2 kit includes the following:
- X-Line billet 6-piston off-road calipers.
- High-performance brake pads, pre-loaded into the calipers.
- 2-Piece 345-395x34mm 72-vane discs.
- Semi-float disc drive system allows for radial disc expansion and contraction.
- Curved directional cooling vanes.
- Billet caliper mounting brackets.
- Stainless steel braided brake lines.
- All necessary mounting hardware for quick, easy bolt-on installation.
- Comprehensive fitment and bed-in instructions.